- Digest documents, briefs or feedback. Organize them properly so it is easily reachable.
- Be organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Be flexible, and able to solve problems
- Be resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Create schedules and allocate tasks to individual artist
- Organize daily or weekly meetings to keep to the whole team up to date on the current situation of the project.
- Keep track of the overall project progress, making sure milestones and deadlines are on track.
- Make sure all feedback, briefs, info or questions are being conveyed to the team or client.
- Be responsible for managing the client relationship through effective communication, problem-solving, and responding to requests
- Have strong presentation skills
- Ensure that project deadline and budgets are met, communicating and seeking approval of any changes to these
- Keep the team and the client up to date with useful knowledge
- Emails sure are replied as soon as possible with clear and detailed explanations.
- If anyone in the team is behind schedule, be sure to find ways to get him back on track (find out why, get him or her to put in some extra hours, notify the supervisors or managers, or try to allocate some resources to help)
- Maintain accurate records of meetings, decisions, and next actions
- Work with the finance team or department to manage projects budgets and bookkeeping
- Keep track of the project cost.
- Submit files to client
*offer can be negotiable